Puppy Pre-School at Capalaba Vet Clinic
You and your puppy are invited to Puppy Pre-School at Capalaba Vet Clinic! In puppy Pre-School, you will both learn lots of fun new things in a safe and secure environment. Suitable for puppies aged 8 to 16 weeks who have had at least one vaccination.
Topics we cover in class:
- The importance of socialisation
- Positive, reward-based training
- Toilet training
- Bite inhibition
- Acceptable/unacceptable puppy behaviours
- ‘Sit’ command
- Understanding dog body language
- Separation anxiety/storm phobia prevention
- Walking nicely on a lead
- Teething/oral care
- Safety with kids
- ‘Drop’ command
- Appropriate toys
- Dangerous foods
- Preventing unwanted behaviours (e.g. digging, chewing, barking)
- Environment enrichment
- What to do in an emergency
- ‘Stay’ & ‘come’ commands
- Behind-the-scenes tour of our clinic
- Desexing information
- Microchipping/council registration
- How to be a good ‘pack leader’
- Local dog schools
- ‘Leave it’ command
Tuesday evenings at 6pm for four consecutive weeks. Each class is approximately one hour long.
Held indoors right here at Capalaba Veterinary Clinic.
What to Bring:
Your puppy, their lead and collar/harness. Kids are most welcome to come along. We supply treats, toys, class notes, certificate of completion, and anything else you might need.
Please make sure you book your place as spots are limited. We ask that the full 4-week course fee of $120 be paid prior to your first class. Phone Capalaba Vet Clinic for any further questions and to secure a place for you and your pup.